Monday 8 May 2017

Favourite Confectionery

My Grandmother's favourite chocolate was a walnut whip.



My Mum's were Terry's Spartans.


Closely followed by Toblerone


and Liquorice Allsorts.


Dad loved Kendal Mintcake


and nougat


And both Mum and Dad liked the purple-wrapped brazil nut in Quality Street.




Partner-who-loves-tea has a penchant for Ferrero Rocher.


and Cadbury's Whole Nut.

GB likes Dolly Mixtures but by that he means proper Dolly Mixtures - the old ones with the little hard sweets in.  They don't exist any more and I couldn't even find an image of them.  Nowadays they are Health and Safety Dolly Mixtures!

GB also likes Crunchie Bars.

Son-who-cooks doesn't eat much sugar/chocolate but he used to like Fruit Salad Bars but he doesn't think they make them any more.  They've gone the way of so many of the best sweets and chocolates.

I am very fond of Edinburgh Rock.


But my favourite confection was, without doubt, a box of Weekend - sadly also defunct.



The Marzipan and Almond Fourree was my absolute favourite

What was yours?  Perhaps it appears in one of these pictures...



6 comments:

  1. Most of these I don't really know but two of the above that I do know and would happily eat were Liquorice Allsorts and Toblerone. That was in the past before high blood pressure, lactose intolerance, nut allergy and worries about diabetes (I don't have the latter but my parents both got it in their senior years)... Now I try to stick to just a little dark chocolate - my favourite brand these days being Lindt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favorite sweet was the Elmer's Gold Brick Egg, produced in NOLA and only at Easter. Not the highest quality chocolate by any means, but i fell in love as a little child and nothing ever replaced it in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I recall, Richard was also partial to After Eight mints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have become elitist and love gourmet chocolates such as Vaihrona from France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really takes me back. I didn't remember that you like Weekend Assortment. That might have been because I didn't like most of the contents.I also lobe Edinburgh Rock and the way it just melts in the mouth but it was a rare treat. These days I eat relatively few sweets (relatively being the operative word) but today I bought a bar of Fry's Chocolate Cream. There are, I seem to recall, 5 pieces so that should cope with 5 coffees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 'Box of weekend' looks amazing! I think they might be due a reboot :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive